For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Darren Antony Dykes.
- Your personal information is not required to visit this website.
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only required when you use the form on the ‘Contact‘ page to send Freelance Computers a message or the ‘Provide Account Details‘ page when providing information to open an account with Freelance Computers. No personal data collected from either of these contact forms are stored on this website.
- We do not allow ‘comments’ on this website blocking this feature sitewide, therefore no personal data is stored on this website.
- We do not allow visitors to ‘register’ as a ‘user’ on this website, therefore no personal data is stored on this website.
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well-protected environment.
- Freelance Computers do not share personal information collected with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- Freelance Computers makes every effort to preserve your privacy, personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Links to other Websites
Freelance Computers includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Freelance Computers. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. It is our suggestion that you carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
This website takes every precaution to protect our visitor’s information. When visitors submit sensitive information via our website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our customers’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our office, our computers are protected by ‘finger-print login’ and only the director of the company has access to this data. The servers that store personally identifiable information online are in a secure data centre environment, protected by SSL and login requires two-factor authentication.
We use Mailprotector Bracket – Email Encryption to send any emails containing personal information, passwords and account usernames as and when clients request those details, this ensures that your data is fully encrypted and protected from being read by other entities than the intended recipient.
Our Invoice System
Freelance Computers use Zoho Invoice (www.zoho.com) to generate invoices, estimates and statements for each of our clients. Personal data such as contact name, company name, postal address, email address and telephone numbers are manually created within this system at the point of creating the first invoice/estimate for each client. This data is stored on www.zoho.com secure servers which are fully GDPR compliant, please see this document outlining Zoho’s GDPR readiness: https://www.zoho.eu/gdpr.html
We have two-factor authentication setup when logging into Zoho invoice’s secure website, giving an extra layer of security.
As part of Zoho Invoice, emails are sent directly to clients via their system, which includes Invoices, Estimates, Statements and overdue invoice email reminders.