For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Darren Antony Dykes.
- We enforce the highest security measures to ensure your personal information is kept secure.
- We only collect infomation we need to provide you with the requested services.
- We will never sell, rent or give away your personal details to anyone.
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- Your personal information is not required to visit this website.
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only required when you use the form on the ‘Contact‘ page to send Freelance Computers a message or the ‘Provide Account Details‘ page when providing information to open an account with Freelance Computers. No personal data collected from either of these contact forms are stored on this website.
- We do not allow ‘comments’ on this website blocking this feature sitewide, therefore no personal data is stored on this website.
- We do not allow visitors to ‘register’ as a ‘user’ on this website, therefore no personal data is stored on this website.
Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google does not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
Links to 3rd Party Data Processors / Websites
Freelance Computers includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Freelance Computers. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. It is our suggestion that you carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well-protected environment.
- Freelance Computers do not share personal information collected with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- Freelance Computers makes every effort to preserve your privacy, personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Services we supply are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible.
All traffic (transferral of data) on this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This website has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including without limitation protecting information behind a firewall and encrypting information you send via our contact form, we use a minimum of 128 bit encryption so that data cannot be read by a 3rd party during transmission. When visitors submit personal information via this website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
Our website uses specialist security software (WP Cerber) to ensure data breaches do not occur. WP Cerber protects and monitors web traffic and web server logs, WP Cerber blocks potential hacks and notifies Freelance Computers instantly should there be any hack or breach.
Should our website be hacked, no personal data can be compromised, no personal data is stored on our website, either by contact forms, user registration or comments.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our client information, not just the personal information, is restricted in our office, our computers are protected by ‘finger-print login’ and only the director of the company has access to this data. The servers that store personally identifiable information online are in a secure data centre environment, protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), and login requires two-factor authentication.
Freelance Computers use Mailprotector Bracket – Email Encryption to send any emails containing personal information, passwords and account usernames as and when clients request those details, this ensures client data is fully encrypted and protected from being read by other entities than the intended recipient.
Our Invoice System & Data Collection
Freelance Computers use Zoho Invoice (www.zoho.com) to generate invoices, estimates and statements for each of our clients. Personal data such as contact name, company name, postal address, email address and telephone numbers are manually created within this system at the point of creating the first invoice/estimate for each client. This data is stored on www.zoho.com secure servers which are fully GDPR compliant, please see this document outlining Zoho’s GDPR readiness: https://www.zoho.eu/gdpr.html
We have two-factor authentication setup when logging into Zoho invoice’s secure website, giving an extra layer of security.
As part of Zoho Invoice, emails are sent directly to clients via their system, which includes Invoices, Estimates, Statements and overdue invoice email reminders.
Freelance Computers is a reseller partner for Mailprotector Ltd.
Mailprotector does not collect or store any information that the user could not access or delete on their own. Mailprotector systems are transactional and fluid based on the volume of email that a user receives. Emails that are quarantined are kept for 14 days and then deleted. Email log information is held for 14 days and also removed.
Right to Access
Freelance Computers use Zoho Invoice, and any client who has a quotation or invoice with Freelance Computers has full access to their personal data. Upon opening an account with Freelance Computers clients are invited to access Zoho’s Secure Invoice Portal.
Zoho’s Secure Invoice Portal allows clients to view and amend contact information, view invoices, quotations, credit notes and statements. All of this personal data can be downloaded directly by the client. If you have any questions regarding Data Portability please email us directly: [email protected]
Right to Be Forgotten
If a client only has quotations with Freelance Computers and no Invoice has been created for services/products, we are able to completely delete that clients details from Zoho Invoice, including all associated quotations. If however a client requests to be forgotten but has invoices for services/products provided, we are, by UK Tax laws, required to keep these records for 7 years. In the event of this happening, we mark the client as ‘inactive’ within Zoho’s Invoice system.
Mailprotector users that have CloudMail or Exchange+ mailboxes can delete email at their discretion and the reseller partner providing the Mailprotector service (Freelance Computers) can assist a user or organisation with completely removing an account or entire domain.
To request a ‘Right To Be Forgotten’ please email us directly: [email protected]
Retention of your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable UK laws.